We have found that our BVN members all strive to find the best volunteer opportunity to match employees interests and passions – by participating in the multitude of special projects that are offered exclusively to our BVN member companies. Through these projects, we have gained valuable insight on possible activities that we can volunteer in as a company in the future all the while having fun giving back to our community! In addition, these special projects are a great opportunity for members to network with our companies and make friends along the way.
Some of our past volunteer activities have included:
- Staffing the Holiday Gift Drive for Teens at the Alliant Energy Center during the holidays
- Participating in the United Way’s Housing First Apartment Makeover Challenge – through which an apartment makeover is done and provides home essentials for formerly homeless families who now have their very own apartment
- Working at a food drive event called “Canstruction” which benefits Middleton Outreach Ministry food bank
- Participating in exclusive activities that benefit United Way’s Days of Caring annual event
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
April 26 – 7:30-9:15am, BVN Membership Meeting, NESCO at Warner Park Community Recreation Center, 1625 Northport Dr.
- Senior and people with disabilities are able to stay in their homes
- United Way
- Home Heath United
- North-Eastside Senior Coalition (NESCO)
- Independent Living
June 14 – 5:00-6:30pm – BVN Community Conversation, Madison Gas & Electric, 6230 Railroad St.
- Days of Caring/Signature Project
Aug 9 – 7:30-9:15am, BVN Membership Meeting, Madison College – Truax Campus, 1701 Wright St.
- Academic Success – Focus on middle school, children’s mental health, food security
Oct 18 – 5:00-6:30pm – BVN Community Conversation, Nordic, 740 Regent St.
- Decreasing family homelessness
Dec 13 – 7:30-9:15am, BVN Membership Meeting, AAA Wisconsin, 8401 Excelsior Dr.
- Tentative: Early childhood development
Feb 27, 2017 – 7:30-9:15am – BVN Annual Membership Meeting, United Way of Dane County