When: Friday, December 7, 7:30 am – 1:30 pm
Where: American Family Insurance
6000 American Parkway, Madison WI
Cost: $45 per person
Registration deadline: Friday, November 23
Powerful Partnerships: Leveraging Business and Nonprofit Resources
Mei Cobb, Senior Director, Volunteer Engagement at United Way Worldwide
7:30 – 8:00 am Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:05 – 8:50 am Welcome & Keynote with Q&A
9:00 – 10:15 am Session 1 (choose from 4 breakout sessions)
10:15 – 10:45 am “Networthing” break (to stimulate thinking, planning, and connections between business and nonprofit sectors)
10:45 – 12:00 pm Session 2 (choose from 4 breakout sessions)
12:15 – 1:15 pm Lunch & Facilitated Conversations
1:15 – 1:30 pm Wrap-up & Call to Action
Please join us and see how together we can create an even more dynamic community through the shared impact of stronger and mutually beneficial business/nonprofit partnerships!
This unique conference will bring together the Dane County business and nonprofit sectors to create effective partnerships for community and volunteer engagement.
Participants will hear from representatives of local companies about how they have implemented best practices to engage employees, find meaningful opportunities for both short and long-term commitments and worked in partnership with nonprofits to make the best experience possible for both parties. Local nonprofits will share their best practices for how they have developed effective models that meet their needs as well as those of their business partners.
There will be sessions targeted for the business community and sessions for nonprofits, as well as sessions for everyone together.
Why this conference is for you:
Companies will learn how to:
- Increase employee satisfaction and loyalty
- Build community affinity through effective collaborations with nonprofits
- Provide opportunities for employee professional development through service
Nonprofits will learn how to:
- Develop innovative volunteer opportunities to better meet community needs
- Implement outreach efforts and best practices for nonprofit/business partnerships
- Increase financial bottom line and overall effectiveness by leveraging resources
- Beyond One-and-Done: Meaningful Corporate Volunteer Relationships presented by Stephanie Sinnett, Volunteer Services Coordinator at American Family Children’s Hospital
- Engaging Executives in Volunteer Programs: Turning Leadership Buy-In into Action with panelists Dr. Ruben Anthony, Presiden & CEO at Urban League of Greater Madison, Mei Cobb, Senior Director of Volunteer Engagement at United Way Worldwide and Chris Schell, Chief Marketing Officer at Summit Credit Union
- Volunteerism: Inviting Culture and Community presented by Deborah Biddle of High Performance Development Solutions
- Nonprofits: Collaborate with Purpose – Maximize Your Ask presented by Lisa Curley, 4-H Program Coordinator at Dane County UW-Extension and Sarah Chevis Rogers, Director of Leadership Development of Girl Scouts of Wisconsin – Badgerland
- Corporate Volunteer Policies: From Writing to Refreshing with panelists Steph Harrill, Community Partnerships Coordinator at UW Credit Union, Kara Navin, Community Engagement & Communications Specialist at Spectrum Brands, and Barbara Waters, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, Director of Human Resources at American Printing Company.
- Creating Mutually Beneficial Pro-Bono Partnerships presented by Danae Dorsey, Assistant Director of Training and Corporate Relations at United Way of Dane County.
If you have questions about the conference please contact Kathy Martinson at Kathy.Martinson@uwdc.org or (608) 246-4356.