Navigate United Way’s Parenting Portal in one of two ways:Find Information by Age Groups
Find information by specific Categories, such as Health, Discipline, Learning
Resources and Programs for Parents in Dane County
“Dial 2-1-1 to reach a caring community resource specialist or use the online system to find information about the following programs.”
- School readiness programs
- Case management for families with toddlers
- Case management for families
- Children’s play groups
- Home visitation
- Birth to Three
- Parent support groups
- Welcome Baby and other educational programs
- “Play and Learns are FREE weekly educational play groups for caregivers and children where you can learn about child development and the importance of play through free play groups offered across Dane County. Play and Learns in Dane County are a partnership between MMSD, United Way of Dane County, 4-C, Center for Families. Click here for a schedule of locations and times and contact information for the agency that runs the program.”
- Dane County has many FREE Home Visitation Programs that you and your family may be eligible for it you are pregnant or a parent/caregiver of a young child age 0-5. Generally, these programs work with families around child development, school readiness, parent support, and physical and emotional health. Call the organization directly, listed below, or call 2-1-1.
- Center For Families www.centerforfamilies.org Child Development, Parenting Information, Play and Learn, Respite Center.
- Welcome Baby Program Home Visitors help first-time parents manage the demands of parenting through educational home visits that help you build confidence in your parenting skills and understand your child’s development from birth to 3 years. 608-729-1162
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin – Community Services
KinderReady Home Visiting Program helps parents with children from birth to school entry develop positive parent-child interactions and enhance your role as your child’s first and primary teacher. (608) 221-3511
- Early Childhood Initiative (ECI)
ECI is a community based home visitation program that works with pregnant women or with families with at least one child 0-1 year of age.
Allied Office: (608) 273-6600; Russett Office: (608) 273-6625; Sun Prairie Office: (608) 825-2165; Leopold Office: (608) 273-6955
- Public Health Madison and Dane County Nurse Family Partnership and other health and nutrition resources -266-4821; 608-267-1111 WIC Intake
- Community Coordinated Child Care (4-C)
Call for information about Play and Learn, Child Development Classes, Referrals to Child Care Providers and Information in Dane County as well as free developmental screening questions, concerns and testing. (608) 271-9181 or 1-800-750-KIDS
- Dane County Parent Council (DCPC)
(DCPC) offers the following programs: Head Start, Early Head Start, 4 year old Kindergarten, Child Care (for ages 0-5).
- Early Intervention: Birth to Three helps families of children with delays or disabilities under the age of three:
Satellite Family Child Care, Family Services, Hope House (Transitional Housing) throughout Dane County, (608) 275-6740.
- Outside Madison School District: Birth to 3 Connections 2801 Coho St – Ste 300 Madison, WI 53713 (608) 273-3232 (phone) (608) 237-8558 (fax)
- Bridges for Families Birth to 3; 2875 Fish Hatchery Road Madison, WI 53713 (608) 204-6247 (phone) (608) 204-6249 (fax)