Spring Seasons of Caring: Spring Into Action
Last August, we launched Seasons of Caring, formerly known as Days of Caring, to bring the community together throughout the year to make greater impacts through volunteerism.
Seasons of Caring: Spring Into Action will take place April 20-21. Formerly known as Global Youth Service Day, this year will foster intergenerational volunteerism with opportunities for the whole family. Spring Into Action by signing up for one of the projects below.
Projects – Friday, April 20:
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) – Spring Clean-Up (8am-11am)
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) – Indoor Shelter Clean-Up (8am-11am)
- Good Shepard Lutheran Church – Landscaping Volunteers Needed (8:30am-11:30am)
- Oakwood Village University Woods – Grounds Landscape Assistance (8:30am-12pm)
- Gilda’s Club Madison – Yard Clean-Up and Planting (9am-12pm)
- The East Madison Monona Coalition of the Aging – Yard Work for Local Seniors (9am-12pm)
- Middleton Outreach Ministry – Senior Chores and Yard Work (9am-12pm)
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Help Get The Word Out Activity (9am-12pm)
- Schumacher Farm Park – Spring Cleaning (9am-12pm)
- Second Harvest Food Bank – Prepare & Sort Food (9:30am-11:30am)
- Jewish Federation of Madison – Goodman Garden Preparation (10am-2pm)
- Catholic Multicultural Center – Spring Cleaning Workday (1pm-3pm)
- Oakwood Village University Woods – Grounds Landscape Maintenance (1pm-4pm)
- Healing Horsemanship Foundation – Build Raised Garden Boxes (1pm-5pm)
- Healing Horsemanship Foundation – Spring Landscape Work (1pm-5pm)
- Healing Horsemanship Foundation – Tree Care Volunteers (1pm-5pm)
- Healing Horsemanship Foundation – Sand & Stain Picnic Tables and Fence (1pm-5pm)
- Healing Horsemanship Foundation – Nature Trail Clean-Up (1pm-5pm)
Projects – Saturday, April 21:
- Dudgeon Monroe Neighborhood Association – Prospect Gardens Party (9am-12pm)
- Friends of Lake Wingra – Nakoma Park Clean-Up (10am-12pm)
- Central Wisconsin Center – Great Outdoors Clean-Up (10am-3pm)
- Agrace Hospice and Palliative Care – Mulching (12pm-2pm)
Summer Seasons of Caring: Job Readiness Fair
The Job Readiness Fair is for individuals that are unemployed and underemployed. Attendees meet one-on-one with professionals to assist with resume writing, mock interviews, and job searching tips. If interested, please contact Danielle Pauk email@example.com or (608) 246-4390.
Fall Seasons of Caring: Community Kick-off
Join us in launching United Way’s Annual Campaign and promote volunteerism in the community. Kick-off at the Mallards Stadium will be held on August 21, 2018, with projects throughout the community August 22-24. Look out for more information as the event draws near. If interested in volunteering or are a non-profit in need of volunteers, please contact Danielle Pauk firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 246-4390.
Winter Seasons of Caring: Holiday Wish List
The holidays are a great time to give back to the community. United Way publishes a Holiday Wish List for non-profits to tell the community their needs during the holidays, whether that be for volunteers or gift/supply drives. The 2018 Holiday Wish List will be published in November 2018. For more information please contact Sam Rosenbloom email@example.com or 608-246-4388.