What’s Great About BVN and What We Do
Our Mission: The Business Volunteer Network (BVN) provides businesses with education, resources and networks to further their workplace volunteer programs.
Workplace volunteering is something we champion. It’s not just one day of service at a local charity for a few hours. It’s about doing good for others, and making that belief a way of life that reflects our own personal values. For BVN members, our organization is about driving, leading and supporting business volunteering in Dane County.
Top Reasons to Join
- Build leadership skills and professional development
- Connect with other local business leaders who share volunteer program experience and opportunities
- Foster organizational engagement, company loyalty, and personal fulfillment
- Learn about community service agencies and their needs for volunteers
- Easily connect with exciting volunteer opportunities for your employees
- Be part of a growing network of community-minded local companies
- Start, grow, or enhance your workplace volunteer program by accessing a wide variety of materials
- Retain and recruit top talent. Employees want to work for companies who are engaged in the community
Once you become a member, you have access to exclusive resources to help you reach your potential as a team player and leader in the volunteer community and beyond. In short, BVN membership has its perks:
- Attend bimonthly Membership Meetings to learn about community issues and ways companies can be involved through volunteerism, share best practices and learn about BVN goals and impact
- Receive quarterly newsletter filled with information on employee volunteerism, BVN members, volunteer opportunities and much much more!
- Access to webinars that provide tips and tools on how to manage workplace volunteer programs and workplace volunteer trends and issues
- Have access to our a Toolkit of local and national resources on effective employee volunteer engagement such as sample policies, procedures and best practices
- Participate in BVN sponsored volunteer opportunities to make an impact in the community and build camaraderie with other BVN members
What We Do
Our BVN members strive to find the best volunteer opportunity to match employees’ interest and passions—by participating in the multitude of special projects that are offered exclusively to our BVN member companies. These special projects are a great opportunity for members to network among our businesses and make friends along the way.
Some of our past volunteer activities have included:
- Staffing the annual Holiday Gift Drive for Teens/Empty Stocking Club at the Alliant Energy Center during the holidays.
- Participating in United Way’s Housing First Apartment Makeover Challenge—through which an apartment makeover were done and provided home essentials and stable housing for formerly homeless families.
- Participating in the annual Job Readiness Fair which provides resources for our neighbors taking steps toward stable employment. BVN volunteers from more than a dozen member companies provided human resources professionals who offered résumé writing assistance, interview coaching, and job search tips.
- Participating in exclusive activities that benefit United Way’s Seasons of Caring
Want to attend the next BVN monthly meeting? Click here to download the latest meeting notice