Is your passion childhood education? Family homelessness? Aging older adults? Represent your cause and play for a purpose in our Bags tournament at Octopi Brewing on June 23rd, where the winner will decide what cause the donation pot will Benefit!
Entry in the Bags ‘n Brews Benefit is a $20/team donation, with half going to United Way of Dane County and the other half going to a cause within United Way’s Agenda for Change. Between games, learn more about United Way’s work and meet other like-minded individuals over some of Octopi’s signature Brews! Hope to see you there!
Saturday, June 23, 1:00-5:00 PM
1131 Uniek Dr, Waunakee, WI 53597
Explore some of the causes in United Way of Dane County’s Agenda for Change, find a cause that speaks to you, and sign up to play for your passion!
2-1-1 -Serves as an information and referral service that connects people to a variety of resources to achieve measurable results and change lives.
- Born Learning -Ensures that children are cared for and have fun as they become prepared for school.
- Academic Success -Implements key tactics within schools to allow all students to succeed academically and graduate from high school, regardless of race.
- Housing in Action -Works towards decreasing family homelessness by providing safe and affordable housing options.
- HIRE Initiative -Improves the quality of living for all of Dane County by assisting participants to navigate complex systems needed to obtain gainful employment.
- Journey Home -Mobilizes the community to decrease the rate of recidivism in Dane County.
- HealthConnect -Helps families pay premiums in order to receive the quality of care and treatment they deserve.
- FACE Kids -Provides school-based group services to Dane County children and youth with a wide range of behavioral health needs.
- Safe and Healthy Aging-Prevents or mitigates the loss of independence for older adults to help them live healthier and safer lives within their homes.
- Youth Transitions -Assists youth with disabilities to graduate from high school and transition to post-secondary education and/or employment.