Are you a United Way of Dane County Employee Campaign Manager or Leadership Giving Ambassador? Join us at the Campaign Team Workshop to learn, network and share ideas to make your 2019 Campaign a success! Attend one of our 2 workshops and get the materials, support and training you need for your campaign.
Please Register online through the links below by July 1.
From 1PM till 4:30PM
Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center
5109 West Terrace Drive
Madison, WI 53718
From 8AM till 11:30AM
Madison Marriott West
1313 John Q Hammons Drive
Middleton, WI 53562
Schedule for the day is as follows:
- Registration, Refreshments and Networking
- Welcome and Intro
- Why UWDC?
- Breakout Session 1
- Breakout Session 2
- Campaign Team
- Drawings and Closing
- Chances to win awesome prizes for participating in today’s event
Breakout sessions include:
- Campaign 101:
- Are you a new employee campaign manager, leadership giving ambassador or have not had a chance to attend our training in the past? Sign up for this session to learn the best practices that will transform your campaign. You will interact with our campaign guide and the campaign tools website to discuss how to best use these tools to support your company’s campaign growth.
- Campaign Toolbox:
- Communicating the United Way message is so important. United Way of Dane County has created multiple materials and resources to make sharing information quick and easy. This breakout will walk through the materials themselves, where to find them, how to best use them, and more! It will also be a great opportunity to share tools and strategies with fellow United Way volunteers
- Volunteer Engagement:
- You will get a chance to hear about how United Way supports corporate volunteer opportunities and how to get your company and colleagues involved! Learn about year-round volunteer opportunities through VolunteerYourTime.org, the great work we have already accomplished this year with Seasons of Caring, and what is coming up for the next season. Our community engagement work is further strengthened by the Business Volunteer Network (BVN), which has supported workplace volunteerism for 20 years! Learn more about BVN as a forum to share best practices about employee engagement, participate in meaningful and exclusive volunteer projects, and learn about issues facing our community and how your company can be involved in making a meaningful impact.
- Year-Round Participation:
- Are you looking for ways to continue engagement beyond the campaign season? Do you want to increase participation throughout the campaign? Sign up for this session to learn more about what our events offer your colleagues and how getting involved in our leadership giving groups can encourage participation and making a greater impact on their growth professionally. Come learn how you can continue to encourage giving for specific programs that are important to individuals through our digital campaigns. We will also discuss what opportunities we provide to encourage year-round education on our community and the work we are all a part of to make it thrive for all.
- Engaging & Retaining Donors:
- Does your organization have high turn over? Are you growing rapidly and always hiring? Do you have concerns around Donor Follow-Up? This session will focus on best practices for engaging new hires and retiring employees, following up with donors that haven’t seemed to get all your reminders, while also continuing to engage and seek help from current donors.
- LINC, Women United, Rosenberry, and Key Club – Panel:
- We will have a panel of Leadership Giving Ambassadors. They will share their story on the importance of being an ambassador and how they interact with the employee campaign manager to help support the success of the campaign. Learn the personal and professional benefits you could get out of becoming an ambassador or even a council member for each of the 4 giving groups. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions to panel members.