United Way of Dane County
Help your community in this time of need. You can volunteer safely!
United Way of Dane County is how the community comes together to tackle Dane County’s toughest issues. During this COVID-19 crisis, we need your help more than ever to ensure the well-being of our neighbors.
We are following best practices to ensure the safety of all volunteer opportunities posted on VolunteerYourTime.org, including offering remote volunteer opportunities.
These opportunities have been carefully vetted to ensure the safety of both you and those with whom you interact.
Please see below for further safety tips. Thank you for your willingness to help! Together, we are The Power of Many. Working for All.
Make a positive impact! Follow these best practices for volunteering while avoiding COVID-19 to maintain your safety:
Safe Volunteering in the Community
1. If you are showing signs of illness, do not volunteer.
2. If you’ve been in contact with people showing signs of illness, do not volunteer.
3. Overall, maintain 6-feet of distance from those around you.
4. Read the health and safety policies of the community site.
5. Ask for face masks and hand sanitizer in advance of arrival, or better yet, bring your own!
6. Read your volunteer position description clearly to understand your specific tasks.
7. Wear face masks to avoid possibly exposing the community members at the site as well as from possibly exposing yourself.
Nonprofits want you to be safe!
1. Rely on updates and instructions from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
2. Overall, maintain 6-feet of distance from those around you.
3. Volunteer at sites that practice safety precautions.
Help make volunteering safe for others! Drop off face masks, hand sanitizer and other vital materials at designated site.
Visit United Way of Dane County’s VolunteerYourTime.org for more information.