Calling All Dane County High School Students
If you had the power to improve issues that are important to you, would you?
BYFY (By Youth For Youth) is a unique volunteer opportunity for youth to become leaders in the community. BYFY members are Dane County high school students who identify critical issues impacting their peers, establish funding priorities, review proposals, and recommend funding to support youth programs.
WHO? High school students who want to make a difference for youth.
WHAT? Participate in a youth-led committee that directs over $30,000 to youth projects in Dane County. Hone your leadership skills and engage in a local community service project.
- Be a voice for youth in your community
- Develop leadership and collaboration skills
- Grow facilitation and decision-making skills
- Make real change in your community
- Fund youth-led projects and initiatives
- Connect with a diverse group of students
WHEN & WHERE? 6 months from mid-October to mid-April (off over winter break & holidays). Weekly Monday meetings in Madison from 6pm-8pm, with dinner starting at 5:45pm. Transportation assistance available
Thank you to our partners!