Our Community’s Agenda for Change
United Way of Dane County is achieving the goals our community identified as most critical, the Agenda for Change. Through these specific goals, we are helping people in a new way; we are breaking negative cycles and tackling the root causes of problems to create lasting change. This shared vision is mobilizing the community and creating collaborations that produce results. Together, we are changing Dane County for the better, for all of us.
The Agenda for Change goals are:
- Students succeed academically and graduate from high school, regardless of race.
- Children are cared for and have fun as they become prepared for school.
- There is a decrease in family homelessness.
- There is a reduction in violence toward individuals and families.
- People’s health issues are identified and treated early.
- Seniors and people with disabilities are able to stay in their homes.
- Nonprofit agencies and volunteers are strong partners in achieving measurable results.