Madison, WI (January 30, 2017) – As the deadline approaches to enroll for health insurance in the federal marketplace, United Way of Dane County wants local residents to know there is still time to sign up for HealthConnect and receive assistance with their health insurance premiums.
United Way HealthConnect helps low-income individuals and families pay for their portion of a health insurance plan purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace. HealthConnect is not health insurance but provides financial assistance for an individual’s portion of the insurance premium.
You are eligible to enroll in United Way HealthConnect if you:
• Live in Dane County
• Meet the income requirements listed below
• Purchase insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace or Healthcare.gov
• Choose “Advance Payment” of your premium tax credit
• Complete the HealthConnect Application form
If you are eligible and want to enroll in HealthConnect, follow these three simple steps:
1) Buy Insurance from the Health Insurance Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov
2) Choose a Silver Level Plan.
3) Fill out the United Way HealthConnect Application which can be found online here.
For more information, visit https://www.unitedwaydanecounty.org/get-help/healthconnect/ or call 2-1-1 to connect with someone who can help you directly.