Madison, WI (November 1, 2016) – United Way of Dane County is thrilled to announce the fourth year of its groundbreaking HealthConnect program. United Way HealthConnect understands the difficulty of paying insurance premiums and wants to ease this stress for Dane County residents. Since 2013, HealthConnect has helped more than 1,700 Dane County individuals become insured.
United Way HealthConnect helps low-income individuals and families pay for their portion of a health insurance plan purchased through the Health Insurance Marketplace. HealthConnect is not health insurance but provides financial assistance for an individual’s portion of the insurance premium.
Enrollment for HealthConnect begins on November 1st, 2016 and runs through January 31st, 2017. If you enroll in your insurance plan by December 15th and are eligible for HealthConnect assistance, the entire cost of your monthly premium will be covered beginning in January 2017.
You are eligible to enroll in United Way HealthConnect if you:
• Live in Dane County
• Meet the income requirements listed below
• Purchase insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace or Healthcare.gov
• Choose “Advance Payment” of your premium tax credit
• Complete the HealthConnect Application form
If you are eligible and want to enroll in HealthConnect, follow these three simple steps:
1) Buy Insurance from the Health Insurance Marketplace at www.healthcare.gov
2) Choose a Silver Level Plan.
3) Fill out the United Way HealthConnect Application which can be found online here.
For more information, visit here online or call 2-1-1 to connect with someone who can help you directly.