Madison, WI (April 25, 2016) – The window is open for Dane County nonprofits to propose new solutions that address our community’s toughest challenges. United Way of Dane County is accepting concept papers through Friday, May 6. These concept papers are the first step for nonprofits to secure investments through United Way.
This is the first time in two years that United Way is accepting concept papers from any nonprofit in Dane County. Ideal submissions will show how a proposed program will have a measurable impact in at least one of the six key areas our community has identified:
– Children are cared for and have fun as they become prepared for school.
– Students succeed academically and graduate from high school, regardless of race.
– More people are on pathways out of poverty.
– There is a decrease in family homelessness.
– People’s health issues are identified and treated early.
– Seniors and people with disabilities are able to stay in their homes.
All 501(c)(3) health or human service organizations that provide services to Dane County residents can submit a concept paper electronically. Concept papers must address specific areas of interest described online here:
If you have any questions, please contact Sandy Erickson, Community Impact Director at 608-246-4354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nonprofits will be notified during the week of June 6th if a full proposal will be accepted for consideration in July. Investment decisions for the 2017-2018 funding cycle will occur at the end of 2016.