What We Do
United Way of Dane County engages our community, mobilizes volunteers and strengthens local nonprofits to achieve measurable results and change lives.
Our efforts are focused on specific goals in the three priority areas of our community’s Agenda for Change:
- Students succeed academically and graduate from high school, regardless of race.
- Children are cared for and have fun as they become prepared for school.
- There is a decrease in family homelessness.
- There is a reduction in violence toward individuals and families.
- People’s health issues are identified and treated early.
- Seniors and people with disabilities are able to stay in their homes.
Each of these goals is achieved through the implementation of United Way initiatives and measured through specific community-wide metrics, therefore ensuring that our results are efficient, local, and focused on tackling the underlying causes of problems. Read more about these initiatives by clicking on the Agenda for Change priority areas on the left.
This shared vision is mobilizing the community and creating collaborations that produce results. Together, we are changing Dane County for the better, for all of us.